Emancipation proclamation view in national archives catalog president abraham lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation on january 1 1863 announcing that all persons held as slaves within the rebellious areas are and henceforward shall be free. Issued by abraham lincoln on january 1 1863 the emancipation proclamation declared all persons held as slaves within any state or designated part of a state the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the united states shall be then thenceforward and forever free although the . View the original text of historys most important documents including the emancipation proclamation historic documents the emancipation proclamation january 1 1863 by the president of the united states of america a proclamation whereas on the twenty second day of september in the year of our lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.